Today was my second time to the driving range with Papa. My first time was.. 2 days ago kot. It felt REALLY good! And I don't mean to say that just to make Papa feel good for taking me on the first place. I guess he became restless after seeing me restless for days. I was surprised he invited me, really. My earliest memory about golf is not really what i should be proud of. I remember having lunch with Papa at KLGCC after his game, and I rang the bell, thinking it was for nothing, decorations maybe. But, it was the bell to announce a hole in one record breaker. The next thing I know everyone at the restaurant turned at us and clapped and congratulating Papa. I remember his face clearly as if it was yesterday, he turned so red that i had to look away from his glare. It was as if he vowed never to take me lunch after golfing again. And he never did. Haha.
But he did try to teach me golfing when i was younger. And I'm not proud of that either. I was 12 maybe, I'm not sure. One thing for sure is that was before I went to boarding school. He took me to the driving range, like what he's doing now, and tried to teach me. Sad to say his attempt wasn't as successful as he hoped to be. I can't stand for more than 5 minutes and swing, even though I was perfectly under the fan. Everything will become blurry and I'm pretty sure I could see faded stars twinkling everywhere. I feel weak and the only thing I can do to make me feel better is by sitting or lying down. So much for an athlete. And to top it all, I almost hit him with the club so many times that I think he couldn't take it anymore. He never did take me to driving range through out the rest of my school year.
So like I said, I was extremely surprised when he decided to take me there again. I thought he said driving meaning that he wanted to take me for a drive. Then he said jeans are not allowed. Ohh. driving range rupanya. Then i had a problem. I don't have pants. At least pants with buttons. Almost all of my pants lost their buttons, you know, the one above the zipper. My wearable pants are all at the dobi. No, i don't dry clean them, i just sent there for ironing. Not wanting to let Papa down, i wore one of the pants, yes, unbuttoned. I thought the zipper will be enough for supporting the pants on my buttocks and it is, for awhile, until i started swinging the club. The pants is the most OBSCENE pants ever! It didn't fell down, but it did gave some noticeable something to peak at. Papa noticed, haha. He gave me his belt, which is a really sweet gesture, i wonder why i didn't think about that before i left home. Nevertheless, his belt is the coolest belt ever. It can fit me, so that is really something to be amazed about.
My first swing was superb, i must say. I can't believe i did that myself. So my first time going to the driving range was a lot of fun. It felt so good, no wonder Papa goes to the driving range more than often. What made it better was Papa wanted me to play again, in fact maybe to the real course! I always wanted to go there. I never did. Even though the golf course is practically my backyard. I was really flattered and his remarks ignited my flame to continue further. Good golfers are always respected where ever they go, that's what he said. I am so in right then and there. We are talking in future prospective here.
Butttt. The next day was horrific. I had my last two hours driving class and due to forgetfulness i forgot to warm up before i play the day before, I can't even raised my hand! And I never hated parking so much like I hated then. And steering wheels. Why do they have to make them so heavy! Every single part of my body ached and there's three blisters on my right hand. I panicked a bit for what will happen during my jpj test, which was earlier this evening. I thought my first time was not at all on a good timing. But it turned out ok. I passed my test. Hihi. Sexual appeal is really the way to go for the jpjs.
And after the driving test we went to the driving range again. See, I am still semangated. The first few hits was ok. Then it got bad to worse. I was getting a bit frustrated, I even missed the ball every time I'm swinging. Then Papa gave me some words that i really want to remember forever: Don't give too much effort on the swinging, just stay committed on it till the end. I wonder if i can use that piece for other things rather than hitting the ball. Relationships maybe? Hmm.
The fun thing today is that i got new gloves! Pink with this wordings Katana written on it. Is it a brand? But still it didn't really help my blisters from recovering. Heh. And Papa seemed glad that i had taken tennis during my school years. Now i can hit the ball like i never did when i was younger. Duhh.
So golfing is really fun. I had found a way to recover from my pitamness symptoms without sitting or lying down. 100 plus my dear blog. It just got to be everyone's favourite drink. The aaahhh sensation drinking it after sweating yourself out is just.. sensational. Haha. Now to get rid of all this aching muscles.. play more golf maybe?
No comments:
Post a Comment